DAY 30 Zero Waste Challenge: Our Zero Waste Journey

Hello everyone! We have made it to the last day of Zero Waste Challenge. It has been such an amazing journey and I hope that you have learnt more about sustainable living and have reduced plastic waste. 

Today we want to talk about the things we have changed in our lifestyle and how we are getting closer to zero waste living. 


 Paper Towels exchanged for Small Cloths

We are guilty of using a lot of paper towels because it is very convenient when we deep fry chicken and fries. Other than that we try to use regular towels. However, starting zero waste challenge we decided to swap for small towels we found in Fotex ( grocery store in Denmark) for only 15DKK! In one pack you get 5 towels and you can see them in the photo below. So far it has been great to pat dry the veggies and use them the same way as paper towels. 



 Metal Straws and Glass Water Bottle

When it comes to straws it was very easy for us to swap, because we usually don't use them at all. However this month we were trying out our future products that will contain a small bag with different size straws + the brush. So far it has been very easy to use and I hope that you will love it as much as we do! For water bottle we got these cool water bottles from Tiger for 10DKK, and I love that they are glass. 



 Junk Food Home Style

This was a very fun challenge, because we love to cook and we always like to try out healthier versions for junk food. The photo below shows the burritos that we have been loving. It is very easy to make! All the ingredients that contain the ultimate burrito: guacamole, chicken, cheese, some kind of salad, tomatoes, corn and beans. I always drizzle BBQ sauce because I love it and put it on everything. This month the only junk food that we got was pizza! And last weekend we were craving burgers a lot, so we made our own at home. I can tell you that they were 100x better than any Burger King. 




 Take Your Own Cutlery 

As I have started uni, I take my lunch and breakfast , and this cutlery set has become very handy. I always have it in my bag so that I don't forget about it. It is also very lightweight and I got many compliments on the spoon! This set is also a part of our future store, and we do our best to try out all the products to really make sure they are an investment piece.




 Swapping for sustainable beauty products 

We are fans of LUSH, so we decided to swap some products in the bathroom. I got a deodorant, shampoo bar and a face soap from LUSH. I will talk about it more in one of the next blogposts. But LUSH is definitely one of the affordable sustainable brands and they really offer the quality for the money you pay. 


What did you change in your lifestyle to be more zero waste? Let us know in the comments! 





Post a Comment

Designed by OddThemes | Distributed by Blogger Themes